Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Vintage, so adorable

"I love you're skirt, where'd you get it?"
"It was my mom's in the 80's."
"Vintage, so adorable." ~ Regina George, Mean Girls

Today is my second day of trying on wedding dresses (yippie!!). Since my mom can't be there, my girlfriends are accompanying me for round two. I am torn though. I intended on getting my mom's dress altered to a modern style and wearing it down the aisle. She brought her dress when she came to visit a month ago, I tried it on and it fit perfectly, except for the fact I'd have to wear flats (No!!!!!). I'm working on getting an appointment with a dress maker to discuss the overhaul. In the meantime I will be seeing what else is out there. I absolutely love the idea of wearing my mom's dress, not 100% convinced it's the right choice.

My stunning mother in 1979.



What do you think? Has anyone worn their mother or grandmother's dress?

No comments:

Post a Comment