Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Photographers Part I

When we go back to Michigan in a few days we will be meeting with photographers. I definitely see this as one of the most important decisions we will make. I made sure to pad this area of the budget a little, because I want the photos to be beautiful, timeless and really capture the mood and the moments of our day.
In my research I saw a HUGE price variance, the two photographers I will introduce in the next few days are in the upper-middle of prices researched. I obviously want the "traditional" family and wedding party photos, but I hope that they come out with more personality than any old stock wedding photographer. I look forward to some artistic shots, lots of personality and hopefully, little awkwardness.

A few weeks ago Style Me Pretty did a two-part post on the world's Best Wedding Photographers, and swoon, they are gorgeous! (here and here)





(Apertura, Alisha & Brook, Heather Waraksa, Christian Oth, Rocco Ancora)

Have any advice for choosing a photographer?

3 comments:

  1. beautiful photos! My advise is to go with your gut. we only met with one photographer and it felt right. both of us didn't want to leave our meeting and left with huge smiles on our faces! when you know, you know! now if I could get some advise if I should hire a videographer, that would be great! I'm so torn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to hire one. My brother, someone who NEVER takes photos, said not hiring one was one of his biggest regrets. I am not even meeting with my absolute favorite photographers in hopes to have enough left in the budget for a videographer. But...if we don't I read about this website http://www.wellspunweddings.com/ that can edit your amateur footage into something nice, for much less. So I'm thinking I could buy a few flip cams and hand them out to one or two outgoing guests to capture some good footage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i thought about that too, but what about sound. I feel like you would have bouncy/shaky video and poor sound quality. the reason I would want a video is so we can actually hear the speeches and voices of our family member. something to have after they are no longer with us. ugh! well I just booked a videographer last night, he's giving me a great deal that I shouldn't pass up. I think that I may not have regretted it right away, but years down the line I would have wished I had something to watch. thanks for you thoughts! it definitely helps to hear other ideas and opinions on things

    ReplyDelete