Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Venue (Beach)

We are looking at six venues this weekend, all very very different. If the wedding reception wasn't happening in a barn, I knew we needed a unique space, and that was the only jumping off point to begin my research. First I'm going to introduce the beachy venues we are going to see.

I never really envisioned getting married on a tropical beach, but the shores of Lake Michigan feel a lot more like Cape Cop than Cozumel. Here is the beachy inspiration board.

(Project Wedding 1, 5, 7, Martha Stewart 2, 4, Shutter Sam, Pearl Events)

Reciption Venue #1 - Harbourfront Grand Hall
This is the only hall we are looking at, but with views of the waterfront, exposed brick and no ugly patterned carpet, this place is a real contender.


Reception Venue #2 - Camp Blodgett
It's a summer camp, so the nostalgic feel gives me an instant connection to this venue. Add the fact that it's on Lake Michigan, offers on-site ceremony and a large deck to open your indoor reception to the beautiful Michigan sunsets, puts it on the top of my list.

(Craig Watson Photography via Pearls Events, Lizzie Photo via Pearls Events)

I'll be back tomorrow with two very different options.

No comments:

Post a Comment