Friday, March 18, 2011

The Engagement story

Some of you may have read this on Undeclared Panache. For those of you who did not, I thought this was the perfect place to start. Enjoy.

Several months ago Kyle and I went ring shopping. I knew I wanted a vintage ring so we went to a couple of antique showplaces and the beautiful, Doyle & Doyle. I tried on several I liked, but fell in love with a very special ring. During this trip Kyle kept telling the vendors that we would be engaged by Christmas.


Flash forward four months, still no ring. Not that I was getting antsy (well, maybe a little), mostly that every time anything was even kind of romantic, I got nervous that it was the day and had to plan what to wear, just in case. So, Kyle sweetly planned a over-the-top romantic Valentine's dinner for me...no ring. He took me to the top of the Empire State Building...no ring. He tried to take on a day trip to Montauk, but it rained...no ring.

Friday began with my soon to be fiance telling me to meet him at a secret location after work. I really didn't want to get psyched up again, so I played it cool. Here is our text thread.


So I met him here and he informed me we were on a "Love Trip" around the city and began recounting the roots of our relationship it ended with a rhyme that lead me here. Next we went to my first apartment in the city in the East Village. Then he lead me to one of my favorite spots in the city, here. By this time I thought that this must be leading to something, but I didn't know where or when he was going to get down on one knee. After City Hall park, he lead me to one of our favorite bars in the city, Crocodile Lounge, for a couple beers and free pizza. I struggled with the next clue that lead me to Grand Central. Here's my man with something up his sleeve.


After Grand Central, he lead me to another bar where our romantic relationship first began. That's where we took photos in the photo booth. The last stop on the "Trip of Love" was our apartment. He sent me to the bedroom where there was a note on the bed that said, "Close your eyes and count to ten and turn around." There he was on one knee with THE RING. The one that I fell in love with months ago. Of course I said yes and we kissed. It was my perfect way to get engaged, with my perfect ring and my perfect man. On top of that, we had our housewarming party the next day, which was now a housewarming/engagement party, so we got to celebrate with all of our friends.




What an amazing weekend! Thank you to my wonderful fiance and to all our friends and family for the warm wishes and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment