Saturday, March 12, 2011

and it begins...

Hi, I'm Lauren. I'm designer, blogger, do-it-youselfer and a new bride-to-be. If you visit me at Undeclared Panache, you know that I've been engaged for two whole weeks. Inevitably, the first question people ask, directly after the congratulations is, "have you set a date." I've had a few wedding blogs on the roll for a while now, I'm a natural planner, so of course I've thought about my wedding (a lot), even kept a secret wedding binder, but I'd had a ring on my finger for under an hour when this question was first posed. How could I be behind on wedding planning, when we hadn't even celebrated the engagement? The next day I joined the Knot, Martha Stewart Weddings, Project Wedding, etc. and got to work on my research.


Kyle and I decided that we wanted to have our wedding in West Michigan, near Kyle's hometown, some time in September 2012. One thing down, one million left. I did some research on budget and learned that the average wedding costs $27,000 (!!!), I began feeling overwhelmed. At least I have (roughly) 550 days to plan (and save), but where do I start? That's when I decided to chronicle my wedding planning through this blog. I'm so excited to share inspiration, details and DIY projects with you, maybe Kyle can even chime in and give the groom perspective.

Please enjoy and feel free to give me feedback or tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment